Jay Charnock has been riding for most of his life, competing in a range of different equestrian disciplines, from English/European, to Western, to Australian sports like Polocrosse and most important of all – Campdrafting.
Jay lives in a well renowned area for Campdrafting and he breeds and trains his own horses at home in Bulahdelah NSW, and also trains and very successfully competes horses for clients.
He has gone from strength to strength competing with these clients’ horses and his achievements include:
• Winning the cattle work section at the 2008 Stock Horse Nationals Futurity
• Taking out the 2011 Eastern Zone ABCRA Maiden Horse of the year, and also placing in the top five in the overall ABCRA Maiden horse rankings that same year.
• Taking out the ABCRA/ASH 2012 Maiden horse point score.
• Winning the aggregate Purse of The North pointscore at Cloncurry 2012
• Placing in the top 5 of the Stallion Draft at the Paradise Lagoons Campdraft in 2012 and 2011 • In 2013 winning the Feature Novice at Nebo QLD annual Campdraft.
• Winning the Trainers Challenge Colt Starting competition at Total Equine Queensland 2016
• Placing 4th in the Warwick Gold Cup Stallions Campdraft after running the highest score 2017
• Qualifying for Sydney Royal Australian Stock Horse classes over a few years, winning and placing in all events, leading to having a couple of horses placing in the top 5 of the RMWilliams Most Versatile Australia Stock Horse
• Qualifying 3 horses for ABCRA National finals Campdraft and finishing in top ten plus Runner up Novice Horse of the Year 2018
Jay has also been a finalist in all major Campdrafts such as Paradise Lagoons, Landmark Classic, Maiden Series at ASH National Championships, and booked many wins and placings at other Campdrafts, Challenges and shows along the way.
Jay has spent a lot of time living and training with some of the top trainers here and internationally, and continues to spend time as often as he can to continue improving his horsemanship, and the art of training cow horses.
Jay is very passionate about Horsemanship and Campdrafting as a sport and enjoys helping people participate in the sport in a correct, safe way, with the fun and adrenalin that it brings. Training his horses from the very start of their career, it gives him great appreciation as to what goes into making a great Campdraft/ Challenge/Show and work horse.